Tuesday, September 15, 2009

End of Summer Beach Day, Pics

Time to share some pics. We visited the beach (the REAL ACTUAL BEACH I say), which is 5 hours away in Shediac, NB, on Labor Day - the day just before school started. We had once chance to do this before life went back to normal, so we just packed up a picnic basket and took off at 5 am. This is a very big deal for kids who live closer to the woods than to the beach, ya know.
Here are some photos! And I have decided I'm going to move here someday. Totally.

Pensive PJ over a sandcastle in progress. (photo has been removed)

It was a perfect day but very, VERY windy. Ever have fried chicken, sliced cucumbers, potato salad and cream soda with a light topping of sand? MMMMM. :)

Nature Girl found a friend - I like to call him Hermit the Crab. he popped out for one second and I got the shot and then he was like OHH NOOO PEOPLE..... I'm going back in!!!!!

Quite amazingly, I found this rare species of Sand Mermaid washed up on the beach. She told me to take her picture and we have a 50/50 deal with the Weekly World News. Ha...

Me. Happy feet.

We had the infamous Sandy Picnic on the Beach, but I've removed that photo. It was all still good, let me tell ya.

PJ finding treasures on one of the many "islands".... there was even a live starfish and sand dollar.

Busy busy, and well-covered with sunscreen, while Mom and Dad relaxed on blankets.

My view of SmileyDad's day at the beach. :) I like this photo.

OK... my girls like to sew. Nature Girl, the oldest, hand-sewed this little critter on the drive down. Isn't he CUTE?? Of course she owns the "plushie-copyright"... she is very protective of her creations!

I LOVE this, a sign at the Big Stop rest area/gas station on the way home... for those of you who are not local, just a friendly reminder that MOOSE ARE BIGGER THAN CARS and like very much to cross the highway. :0)

And the most beautiful sunset over Western New Brunswick at twilight, on the drive home. A peaceful end to a lovely day.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share our photos!

T

4 comments:

PeppyPilotGirl said...

What a lovely day - despite the sandy condiment added to your lunch. And how much PJ looks like you!!

Lois Christensen said...

Looks like you had a great day at the beach! Love the pictures! Your girls are adorable!

Carole Burant said...

How I wish I could have gone to the beach with you. I love picnics...even with sand! lol The girls really look like they were having a fun time and one even turned into a mermaid!!! I so enjoyed all the pictures, shows what a wonderful day you all had. Thank you so much for your prayers and hugs regarding my situation with my DIL, it means a lot to me. xoxo

Tinsie said...

Great photos! The mermaid looks good :-)